Friday, June 4, 2010

my friend erin.

jennifer is the beauty on the left, erin is the beauty in the middle


i wrote this for an assignment for my communications writing class..enjoy!


Erin Densley

As a sophomore at Brigham Young University – Idaho, Erin Densley’s favorite color is coral. She is the middle child of five children and loves oranges. But, who is Erin Densley? Erin is a girl with numerous ambitions, lots of friends, and a great future.

Although raised near Seattle, Erin’s family moved various times to various suburban locations along the Puget Sound. She says, “I grew up all over the Seattle area. I lived in Federal Way, WA until I was about ten. Then, I moved to Northeast Tacoma and lived there until I was seventeen. Then, I moved to Renton. My family still resides in Renton.” One of her favorite childhood homes was in Northwest Tacoma because it had a hot tub. “I was like ten and we'd use it as a stage to practice our Britney Spears moves,” she said.

While growing up along the Pacific Northwest Erin enjoyed a vibrant childhood. She loved being a ballerina, Celine Dion, and making up games with her sister. Erin reminisces her childhood, “My big sister is my best friend and we've always done really crazy things. We made up a game called "chair ball". I think I was 11 or 12. We sat on “rolly” office chairs and would roll around and try to hit each other with balls.” Erin also loved attending Girls Camp.

One time while at Girls Camp, because of her love of Celine Dion, Erin and her friends ribbon-danced to “My Heart will Go On”. Her favorite memories from Girls Camp include, “dressing up silly in brightly colored spandex and stuff, making up ridiculous cheers and skits, and of course, testimony meeting,” she goes on to say, “I always felt like I could really be myself, there.”

As a true Pacific Northwestern “granola” Erin loves the simple life and learning everything she can. When at home she loves spending time near the water. “Water calms me and exhilarates me, too. When I go to the ocean, first, I freak out, and run around laughing and shouting. Then, I get silent, and just stop talking and think, but they aren't very intense thoughts.”

Erin loves to plan. She is known by some as Erin “the planner” Densley. Fulfilling her plan to attend a Brigham Young University, Erin presently resides in Rexburg, Idaho. Currently wanting to be an elementary school teacher, Erin has her mind set on teaching the second grade. “Second graders know what is expected of them at school but they're still cute,” she said. Erin is also currently on the BYU-Idaho collegiate Ballroom Dance team.

Erin’s favorite foods are simple and sweet, just like her, “fruit, vegetables, and yogurt,” she said. “I also really love grilled cheese sandwiches.”

Erin Densley is unique, fun, and very loving. She loves to be crazy and loves being old fashioned. Erin knows how to be beautiful and she is a great example. She described herself best by saying, “I don't know a lot of things and I haven't accomplished much, but I do know how to be happy, and I think that's somewhat notable, and worth sharing with others."

No comments:

Post a Comment