Monday, May 31, 2010

observing memorial day weekend.





the flags in honor of veterans at the vermillion cemetery.
my mom and brother remembering my wonderful grandparents.
dad getting ready to plant his flowers on memorial day.
my grandpa taylor's flag.


my grandpa taylor served in world war 2 and a flag is flown in his honor every memorial day.
elizabeth and i at the swimming pool.
dawson and bianca at the swimming pool. we had fun.
the "float full of ferns".. my mom and dad dug up all of the ferns on the left side of our front yard. they put them in a trailer and brought them to New 2 You.
my mom and dad planted flowers in the previous home of the ferns.
isn't my mom cute?

3 comments:

  1. what a busy day for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good Memorial Day. The vanimal got sick and has to go to the car-doctors tomorrow :( I'm thankful for people like your Grandpa, I think my grandpa had a flag there too, Merle or Bud Isaacson--Korea. I'm glad you went and looked at all the flags--we are right across the street from a huge VA Hospital here, the whole place was lined with flags yesterday, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that is cool!! i should have looked for your grandpa too!

    and.. the VANIMAL IS SICK?!! that is so sad. i hope he gets better... the vanimal has such fun memories attached to it. it's not allowed to get sick!

    we did have a fun memorial day! my brother planted our veggie garden in the backyard.... mmm i can't wait for FRESH TOMATOES!

    ReplyDelete