Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My First Blogging Experience!


Well, I have decided to start up a blog. It seems as though a lot of my friends are doing it and it will be a good way for me to reflect on life. I hope my blog is a pleasure to read, and I will try to keep it updated as often as possible.

Here is a run down of my life right now:

I am in my third week of classes. I actually have started to like homework. It's crazy and weird I know, but I have began to understand the concept of homework. I think of it now as an opportunity to grow intellectually rather than just having busy work. It has really helped me in my classes, and I feel like I might just be gaining knowledge. I hope my desire to learn will continue through this semester, maybe even life.

I really enjoy all of my classes this semester. I have such diverse classes that I am learning in a lot of different areas. These are the classes I am taking : Developing World, we study developing countries and why they suffer from poverty. This class has actually really opened my mind up to a lot of things. American Foundations, for once in my life I actually find myself interested in history. I really like my professor and his teaching style so I think that helps too. Professional Communications, this is a fun class. We learn about communicating when it becomes crucial and why we do things when we are fighting. It's really interesting. New Testament, this class is amazing. Within the semester we are going to read the entire New Testament. It is truly remarkable to learn about all of the events in the New Testament and I am extremely excited for the entire semester. Personal Achievement, this class is life changing. My professor is teaching principles that help individuals succeed. We are learning out of the book Inner Victory. If you have a chance I would totally recommend it. At this moment we are learning about time management. It's cool. Then my last class that I am taking is Introduction to Education, this class helps a student know if they want to be a teacher and what kind of teacher he/she wants to be. I am really excited about this class because we get the opportunity to go out into schools in surrounding areas to work one on one with the kids. This class has already opened my mind to so many things.

My friend Sonia and I have decided to take the 9 Week Fitness Challenge. This means that we have to exercise for at least 3 hours every week. I am excited and I know we are up to the challenge. So far so good! Last week we tracked in about 4.5 hours, and already this week we have made it to 2.25 hours! I think we will be able to handle it. I am excited.





2 comments:

  1. You didn't mention your amazing roommates!! :) I love you.

    Here's an old post all about you:

    http://murkydismal.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That link is wrong. Here is the real one:

    http://murkydismal.blogspot.com/2008/06/that-is-good-people.html#comments

    ReplyDelete